MQTT is an open OASIS and ISO standard lightweight, publish-subscribe network protocol that transports messages between devices. AWS IoT message broker implementation is based on MQTT version 3.1.1. AWS IoT Core supports MQTT over the WebSocket protocol to enable browser-based and remote applications to send and receive data from AWS IoT Core-connected devices using AWS credentials. AWS credentials are specified using AWS Signature Version 4. WebSocket support is available on TCP port 443, which allows messages to pass through most firewalls and web proxies.
Mqtt.fx is the JavaFX based MQTT Client. You can download it here
Once you download this application, you can create a new connection profile as per details below:
- Profile Name: AWS or as you like
- Broker Address: Get broker address from AWS
- Broker port: 8883
- Client ID: any random text (need to be unique)
- Click on Enable SSL/TLS checkbox
- Select TLSv1.2 Protocol
- Check Self Signed certificates box
- CA file: root-CA.crt file
- Client Certificate File: THING.cert.pem file (download from your IoT Core where your thing is registered)
- Client key File: THING.private.key file (download from your IoT Core where your thing is registered)
- Once done, click “OK”
Please see the following screenshot for visual details.